Bell 2



A fellow railroader (Gordon Primdahl) gave me the bell, without the hanger. I machined and polished the bell.

We have a small foundry at the railroad. I used an existing bell hanger as a pattern. After pounding up the cope, I 'gently' tapped the existing hanger parts into the sand. Then I put the drag on and pounded it up. I cut the sprues and gates in by hand. As shown here the bottom has been cleaned up by machining and the rest of the casting has been cleaned up with a diamond tool in a Dremel.

This shows the parts in close position.

Photo album created with Web Album Generator